Draining colors after Laptop Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Suaiden

I dropped my Presario 1681 laptop, it hit hard. At first the screen was jumbled, so I tried restarting a few times.

It works again, but it seems when I do certain things (decrease brightness) the color oozes out of the screen. now the bottom is color drained, screen is very bright and there are loads of white horizontal lines peppering the screen. Is this a bad connection or did I pop something? Is this permanent, or a loose cable, or is my computer just saying its last goodbyes?

smitherz

i rekon its your screen its completely f***ed. i doubt it is your graphics card as the colour would'nt run.

smitherz

4W4K3

VIP Member
Sounds like you cracked something. I dunno what electronic device keeps colors inline with the screen...but it sounds like you might have cracked the screen. pixels indicate GPU most of the time...but if the screen is showing signs physically..i wouldn't blame the GPU.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The display is shot. You can prolly get it replaced BUT you're better off either claiming warranty or getting a new one

tonsofpcs

Screen replacements are VERY costly. Best to take it as a loss. You can look for replacements, or try and find a used machine of the same model [with warranty on screen] and swap parts out.

tg900

cracked lcd screen

Praetor said:
The display is shot. You can prolly get it replaced BUT you're better off either claiming warranty or getting a new one
I cracked my own lcd screen earlier today on an emachines laptop, what would be a good excuse to claim warranty :) ?

Lax

VIP Member
OMG digging up almost year old topics, not cool. Post your question in a new thread, don't hijack others.

Status
Not open for further replies.