DRIVER APP

DEPLAO40

Can anyone recommend a safe program to update drivers ? I lost my two front usb ports and so far have reset bios and want to try drivers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like either a cabling issue or a short. If that back usb ports are fine then look at the cable that goes from the ports to the motherboard or the ports themselves are bad.

DEPLAO40

That sounds like either a cabling issue or a short. If that back usb ports are fine then look at the cable that goes from the ports to the motherboard or the ports themselves are bad.
Thank you, the thought crossed my mind but being lazy was doing the easy things first. Got an old machine in the garage so will swap cables and plugs. Another thought was the last win 10 update however not sure when it happened.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The front ports work off the same controller as the others do in the back. So if the back ones work then its pretty simple to diagnose. A lot of times one of the ports could be falling apart causing them to stop working. In that case, the only thing to do would be to get a usb hub.

DEPLAO40

The front ports work off the same controller as the others do in the back. So if the back ones work then its pretty simple to diagnose. A lot of times one of the ports could be falling apart causing them to stop working. In that case, the only thing to do would be to get a usb hub.

That I have already, thanks for the help and quick fix idea.