Driver issue Xerox

So... I just got this laser printer Xerox WorkCentre 6027.

I actually really like it and it seems to work great with my desktop which has Windows 8.1 x64 on it.

I have it hooked up to my router so that both my wife's laptop and mine can also hook up to it, (along with out phones maybe?) along with my desktop which is my 99% of the time computer. The issue is I cant seem to get a driver that works :-(

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6027/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=win10x64

I am trying to get the driver direct from Xerox. I set it up no problem on my desktop BUT it is not coming up in the list through windows update like it did on my desktop (which I am making an assumption (bad idea) that it is because I have 8.1 x 64 on my desktop and this laptop is Windows 10 x64.

Here are the steps I have tried.
1.) Downloading the Image of the CD that comes with it (no optical drives on the laptop) and trying to install that way.
2.) Advanced Printer Setup,
  1. Add Printer & Scanner (add "the printer I want that isn't listed" because it isn't)
  2. Add printer using TCP/IP (input IP of printer)
  3. When "Install Print Driver" comes up I chose "Windows Update" because the model isn't listed. On the Desktop the model came up after doing this and everything went fine. On the Laptop even after the update it doesn't come up.
It DOES connect to the point that I hear it looking at the printer to see if it is there (the printer checks to see if their is toner) but it will NOT print.

I looked at the files on the CD image (that I DL and the real one) and the driver file is called "Win_87VistaXP" Am I right in assuming this file is NOT for Winows 10 like Xerox's website says it is?

Last digits of IP address on home network.
PC IP Address 230
Wife Laptop 233
Printer 245

AlienMenace

Maybe the firmware needs to be updated (WorkCentre 6027 Firmware Version PL4). I would download (Xerox WorkCentre 6027 Driver Installation Package), and the (Phaser 6022 and WorkCentre 6027 Pantone Color Support for Windows OS) and put them on a flash.
1. Update firmware first for the printer threw the desktop, only needs to be done one. Since it is newer than all of the other software packages.
2. Load the driver installation package on both laptops.
3. Load the Pantone color support on both laptops.
Maybe this will do it then.

p.s.: Your assumption is right about "Win_87VistaXP", this file is only for XP and Vista and will not work.

AlienMenace

On another matter. "Toner", well in my case. I can't really afford to buy the original Brother toner for my Black and white monochrome laser printer. So I went to this online company. These are not refills but new cart. It's called "The Toner and Inkjet Store", and here is the web page for your printer. http://www.tonerandinkjetstore.com/workcentre-6027-s/15449.htm. Read the reviews, and they have online help (chat) to.
I have great pages from this toner cart. for my laser printer. Come next summer I want to get this http://www.brother-usa.com/MultiFunction/ModelDetail/4/MFC9340CDW/Overview. For my color needs.
I will never get another inkjet printer again.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure whats going on, the same driver is for windows 8 and 10. Just select windows 10 64 as the OS and you can download the driver software.