DSL modem problem...

Geoff

VIP Member
I just got an Actiontec DSL modem, the internet works fine and so does downloading, although when i go to play games online, they all say "Unable to connect" "conection failed" or just freeze up (Except medal of honor through gamespy). When i looked at the modem's FAQ's, it says that some games might need to have ports forwarded, the problem is, i have no clue what ports to forward and where to foward them to, please help. (And kazaa doesnt work either).

pc club guy

Sometimes programs can't connect if your firewall doesn't allow them to. Maybe kazza cant connect cause you blocked it from connecting.

Geoff

VIP Member
its a hardware firewall, the only options i can choose are: high, medium, low, and basic, there is no off, when i try to disable the NAT, it needs a static IP which i do not have.

DarkOLB57

i have the same problem with game like starcraft and Diablo 2 which run of battle.net and Unreal tournament 2004 which run off...uh...gamespy maybe?...i have no clue how to fix it so i have just been playin offline which is dull

DarkOLB57