Dual Boot-setup right?

jw214

ok so i managed to install opensuse. im pretty sure when i partitioned, something mounted to my windows hard drive. is this normal? something to do with bootup,perhaps? now on bootup i get a screen asking me which OS i want so i think i did it right.atleast some of it. only now i cant configure my graphics card and mobo drivers. i should have known my windows drivers disks wouldnt work...can anyone point me in the right direction?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
something mounted to my windows hard drive. is this normal?

A boot-loader was either linked-to or overwrote Windows' MBR - perfectly normal.

only now i cant configure my graphics card and mobo drivers. i should have known my windows drivers disks wouldnt work...can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've no experience with OpenSuse, but I would imagine they have a Forum similar to CF, only specific to OS users. You might want to try Posting there and possibly get a quicker response from someone who uses it every day rather than see if someone who uses it strolls by this Thread. it would probably get you up and running a bit quicker:)

jw214

yeah, i started looking up suse forums shortly after posting this and ive just been tinkering all day. havent gotten very far yet. i was concerned about my windows drive though.thanks for clearing that up. do you have an fbody imsati ?