Dual Boot Windows 7/10 Problems

Itsa

Good Day, I trust you guys are well?

I am writing to ask for advise, recently I created a dual boot hard disk with Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 Pro but the dual boot will only work for two to three hours and suddenly Windows 10 no longer becomes bootable and then I have to reinstall Windows 10. I cannot afford a new PC so my best bet is to constantly reinstall windows 10 which is super time consuming and on top of it, it delays my studies and makes it incredibly difficult to play games. Please could get advice on how to solve this issue as I am really at my wits end.

My Specs are as follows:

Motherboard is a Asus P5GC-MX
Processor is Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
Memory is 4Gb
Graphics is Nvidia GeForce Gt630

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you getting blue screens or what is the error message when it won't boot? Could be anything to a bad hard drive to a corrupt boot file.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Again this is most likely due to a bad hard drive or incorrect boot files. First thing would be to run drive diagnostic software to test the hard drive. What brand of hard drive is it?

Itsa

Yes that could be the problem but when i replace the old hard disk with a new one the same issues occur

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then if you are installing a new hard drive then most likely you aren't setting up the dual boot correctly.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Only 2 issues can cause this. Bad hard drive or incorrect dual boot setup. Possible malware if you have say a rootkit/bootkit infection, but haven't seen those in years.