dual core cpus

jesbax

what are your thoughts of a dual core cpus. Im consedring buing a Amd athlon 64 x2 3800+. Is there any thing i might need to know. your thought would be use.

bigsaucybob

I think they are very good, ecspecially the AMD X2 series. They are great for multitasking and gaming and will even better for gaming in the future.

andy5667

I have gone for the intel duel core. i have always liked my intel processors and i have found that even the cheapest of chip (celeron d 2.53GHz) can play some games. I have always been happy with the speed that my intel continues to run at even when under alot of stess from the large multitasking i do. Obiously everyone here is going to go mental and say "oh no, not intel" but i was just giving my point on the intel processor.

bigsaucybob

andy5667 said:
I have gone for the intel duel core. i have always liked my intel processors and i have found that even the cheapest of chip (celeron d 2.53GHz) can play some games. I have always been happy with the speed that my intel continues to run at even when under alot of stess from the large multitasking i do. Obiously everyone here is going to go mental and say "oh no, not intel" but i was just giving my point on the intel processor.

i had an intel processor and i understand that u have the personal choice of intel. But when it comes to dual core, even the X2 series beats out the Intel dual core series. You might have a personal choice for intel but the fact is that they simply dont perform as well.

but they are cheaper.

andy5667

Thankyou bigsaucybob. I respect you for accepting my choice. I dont do alot of intence gameing. I do more multitasking but to be truely honest, intel is going through a rough spot. The prescott runs far to hot also! I am currently running msn messenger and 3 ie windows and im at 46c. And this is only a celeron D! Only 2.53GHz with no ht! i think intel need to get there heads down and have a long think about the future!

Charles_Lee

oh yes, for gaming, go with x2 or at least amd dual core...
but same here, i personally like intel.
even though i got my self a dual core amd.