Dual Core Problem!!

CloakingHalk

I reformated my computer and after i installed windows my computer seemed to go a little slow. I also had the problem where when i would shut down windows would go to the screen that says, "it is now safe to shut off your pc." When looking at Sandra and CPU-Z i have found that my opteron 165 is only running on one core. HTT also is not enabled. Before i reformated i was able to see two cores and my bios also has dual core and hyper transport enabled. anyone have any suggestions to help my with my problem?

apj101

VIP Member
Echo Ecko X said:
Why would you need drivers to work the other core. That doesnt make sense..
thats like saying you dont need any chipset drivers because the standard xp ones will work. Read the link:mad:

Geoff

VIP Member
In task manager under performance, does it show 2 different graphs for "cpu usage history"?

CloakingHalk

yes i checked for the setting in the bios. it is on enabled but just in case i reset the bios to default. Still didnt work. In taskmanager it only shows one graph. also if i right click a processes i cant set affinities. anyone else know any solutions?

apj101

VIP Member
totally out of ideas, before i would start panicing i would
a) Flash update bios to latest version
b) Reinstall xp (again!), installing all latest drivers from online
c) Fully update xp

Then come back to us

CloakingHalk

if i flashed the bios with an earlier version would anything bad happened becuase when i think about it this all may have happened when i updated the bios