dual display problem

irfan mohammed

I have an Asus p7h55-m motherboard that I'm running on which I'm trying to set-up dual display. I have one vga monitor and another hdmi to vga cable powering a vga monitor. I can get the setting for the dual display by holding the windows key + p but do not get any display. Please help and suggest possible issues. Thank you.

Okedokey

Ensure you have the settings in Display set correctly to the right refresh rate, resolution etc. Are you using onboard graphics or a graphics card? Ensure you have latest graphics drivers and directx.

irfan mohammed

Thanks for the replies so far. To add to the thread - I am getting both screens working at boot up. In bios especially, both screens are duplicating displays and in post boot both screens are working. I am using onboard graphics card, I will update the drivers and directx, but what refresh rate should I have set?
In my graphics card utiltiy, the system will detect two monitors either.

SpriteMidr

Thanks for the replies so far. To add to the thread - I am getting both screens working at boot up. In bios especially, both screens are duplicating displays and in post boot both screens are working. I am using onboard graphics card, I will update the drivers and directx, but what refresh rate should I have set?
In my graphics card utiltiy, the system will detect two monitors either.
If you go to the on screen setup menu for the monitor, it usually says. Otherwise it is normally something like 60Hz.

Dumb question, so please excuse it, but you haven't got one screen plugged into a dedicated graphics card, and the other plugged into a dead port you get sometimes on computer motherboards....

2zqro1k.png

Like here, I have drawn two arrows. If you have a dedicated GPU (similar to the slot with the adapters that the bottom arrow points to), then the chance is that the top port wont work...

Just thought I would check... What happens if you lower the resolution to something like 600x480 or 800x600 on both screens?