Dual Monitor Problem?

xTobyMc

Hi,

This is my first post just to let you know, so if this thread is in the wrong section, my apologies.

Anyhow, today I just purchased a 24 inch monitor to hookup with my laptop, so I could have dual screens and work with a much better size. My setup means that I have my laptop lower down on my desk, where I'm using its keyboard still, and then I have my new monitor above my laptop. Therefore, it's almost like a portrait setup.

I have managed to set the screen to extend to both, so I have the whole dual screen setup. However, I cannot change the settings so that when my cursor leaves the top of my laptop screen, it enters the bottom of my monitor above. The only possible way Windows 7 allows me is to exit the cursor from the left of my laptop screen, and into the left hand side of my monitor?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or more advanced ways I can change these settings?

Thanks,
Toby

Troncoso

VIP Member
If you right click the desktop and go Screen resolution, you'll see the diagram of your two screens. You want to physically click on and drag the external monitor above your laptop screen, then click apply.