dual monitor with 1 pc?

applemao

Is there a program where you can hook two computers together and use one monitor?

cuz that'd be cool

jus wonderin/grep/lspci.

salvage-this

if the monitor has 2 inputs you can hook up 2 displays to it. Then you can switch what input is being used on the monitor.

applemao

hmmmm...well never seen a monitor with 2 ports, but oh well.

its just that it would be a useful thing, ithink.

salvage-this

almost all monitors have more then one.

Like if it has 1 dvi and 1 vga, you could hook up one computer to the vga port and the other to the dvi port. In the settings of the monitor you can switch what input you would like to display form.

I hope I actually understand your question right.

joh06937

if you wanted to show them side by side, i don't think a regular monitor would work. however (i have never tried it) you might be able to do something like that with the picture-in-picture that lcd televisions often support.

newguy

if you wanted to show them side by side, i don't think a regular monitor would work. however (i have never tried it) you might be able to do something like that with the picture-in-picture that lcd televisions often support.

yes you can have two monitors side by side, if you are using windows is a setting in the properties.
on your desk top right click and the bottom option is properties, click on that.
do to the tab that says display and in the bisplay drop bown choose dual monitor display the display preview box will show two boxes 1 and 2 if you wanna see them youll have to click idenify. select the display quality and screen resoulution then click the box that says "extend my desktop to this monitor"
it should work as long as you already have the monitor already connected.
now i havent found a way to make one widow go across two screens but that would allow you to see two different display windows side by side wich is really usefull for drafting off specs, or like having open menues for games while playing.
:D

joh06937

yes you can have two monitors side by side, if you are using windows is a setting in the properties.
on your desk top right click and the bottom option is properties, click on that.
do to the tab that says display and in the bisplay drop bown choose dual monitor display the display preview box will show two boxes 1 and 2 if you wanna see them youll have to click idenify. select the display quality and screen resoulution then click the box that says "extend my desktop to this monitor"
it should work as long as you already have the monitor already connected.
now i havent found a way to make one widow go across two screens but that would allow you to see two different display windows side by side wich is really usefull for drafting off specs, or like having open menues for games while playing.
:D

well duh you can have two MONITORS at once. but two displays (from different pcs) on the SAME monitor is what i was talking about.

lucasbytegenius

Don't know any programs, but if there were you'd probably need some hardware for it, in the end I think it would be much cheaper to get a switch box.