Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

bopper

I've had this problem with an HP laptop and dock, and a Lenovo laptop with J5Create hub. If waking or booting, I always have to dis/re-connect the HDMI for one or both monitors to get them to wake up (sometimes multiple times). Sometimes I have to dis/re-connect the hub to get it to wake up (sometimes multiple times). When the monitor(s) are not waking, the wallpaper is adjusted like there is no external monitor(s), so it seems to be a problem on the laptop side.

Certainly there's a tread on this already, but I haven't found it.

bopper

Our IT guy said step one in fixing it is to never use a J5Create hub. Will have to do some research.

Darren

Staff member
Our IT guy said step one in fixing it is to never use a J5Create hub. Will have to do some research.
That sounds like your IT guy doesn't want to troubleshoot, although I would also agree that off brand hubs and docking stations are not going to be nearly as seamless as the real deal from the laptop manufacturer.

bopper

Problem is somewhat solved. The original hub used was a JCD381 with 2 HDMI, 1 ethernet, 2 USB-A. I had problems every time I booted or woke up. The office switched to JCD543 with many more ports and 4K. It's a fancier looking thing that I would have thought was mostly marketing. So far mine works flawlessly but problems are still reported around the office. The annoying thing is it doesn't work when I use a USB-C extender cable.