dual monitors just dont cut it

jjbpenguin

I am running a zv5000 hp pavilion with a high-def 15.4 inch display and a second hp 19 inch crt. Having a second monitor is great and is amazing how much more room it gives. Especially watching movies while working on homework. But now i was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to add a third monitor to my setup. My second was added simply by hooking up to the video card out port. I have seen USB video cards but they are expensive and i am not sure how good they work. If anyone has any tips please help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
But now i was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to add a third monitor to my setup. My second was added simply by hooking up to the video card out port. I have seen USB video cards but they are expensive and i am not sure how good they work
You got it dead on with the USB cards ... unless youve also got a TV out on the laptop then you dont have much of an option

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I don't know about USB cards... I've seen input cards but never output. It seems it would be awfully slow if there was one. It would also take many of your resources to run. Your best bet for more monitors would be a desktop computer... What's the limit, like 16 monitors(or maybe that was just 98) Heh, I've never gotten past 2, so I donno ;P