Dual monitors

Pupp

I set up the used, free 1920x1080 monitor on my computer. I used a vga cable, and the integrated graphics had no issues with it.

Nice. I haven't used a duel monitor setup in over 7 years, with much smaller monitors. Feels weird having that much screen space.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
So how to monitors look when they duel? Is it like the knights that joust?

Dual monitors are definitely nice if you can't afford a giant one.

Pupp

So how to monitors look when they duel? Is it like the knights that joust?

Dual monitors are definitely nice if you can't afford a giant one.
LOL.

Free is always a good way to get a 2nd monitor.

If graphic cards ever come down from the stratosphere, I might actually get one. I'm not even going to guess when that will happen. I'd be lucky to find one by mid 2022. I don't need a cutting edge card, but a Radeon RX 580 is going for about $800 on Amazon... That's beyond insane.

Both the pandemic: silicon shortage, and bitcoin are to blame. Intel is going to revamp it's die casting to start casting for other companies. That will help the silicon shortage a lot.

If I ever get a decent graphic card, I'm sure I'll get a much bigger monitor, and a gadget that holds 3 monitors. :cool:

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
LOL.

Free is always a good way to get a 2nd monitor.

If graphic cards ever come down from the stratosphere, I might actually get one. I'm not even going to guess when that will happen. I'd be lucky to find one by mid 2022. I don't need a cutting edge card, but a Radeon RX 580 is going for about $800 on Amazon... That's beyond insane.

Both the pandemic: silicon shortage, and bitcoin are to blame. Intel is going to revamp it's die casting to start casting for other companies. That will help the silicon shortage a lot.

If I ever get a decent graphic card, I'm sure I'll get a much bigger monitor, and a gadget that holds 3 monitors. :cool:
You're not a real boy until you have 4 screens, 2 keyboards, and 2 mice, for work. Like me. :D

IndyMike

My monitors don't duel but I have dual 32" 4K monitors in my setup.
May I please ask, what do you consider the minimum requirements to run this type of setup. My actual goal is to run 3 Samsung 32 inch S70A 4K UHD (3840x2160) High Resolution Monitor (HDMI & Display Port), HDR10, TUV Certified Intelligent Eye Care. I'm currently running 2 1080 23" monitors and I'm getting old so bigger will help. This is not for gaming, it's for work and to playback 4K movies. Any help would be appreciated.

lucasbytegenius

May I please ask, what do you consider the minimum requirements to run this type of setup. My actual goal is to run 3 Samsung 32 inch S70A 4K UHD (3840x2160) High Resolution Monitor (HDMI & Display Port), HDR10, TUV Certified Intelligent Eye Care. I'm currently running 2 1080 23" monitors and I'm getting old so bigger will help. This is not for gaming, it's for work and to playback 4K movies. Any help would be appreciated.
If you're not gaming with them it's not hard to run 4k, most GPUs made in the last 4-5 years will do it.