dual screens

bugsssy

i have an nvidia geforce 7600 card..it has 2 slots so i assume it is dual monitor. the man in the shop said it was, so i have attached another screen but it aint working, i keep getting no signal detected..................help guys.the screen is into an adaptor and then into the 2nd slot of the video card......

PohTayToez

i have an nvidia geforce 7600 card..it has 2 slots so i assume it is dual monitor. the man in the shop said it was, so i have attached another screen but it aint working, i keep getting no signal detected..................help guys.the screen is into an adaptor and then into the 2nd slot of the video card......

Did you restart after attaching the screen? That should automatically get it detected, or there should be some 'detect monitor' option in your advanced settings.

bugsssy

yer i did restart after detecting it but it still shows the no detection. if you go into devise manager it does show 2 plug and play monitors but thats it

PohTayToez

When you right click desktop>properties>settings does the second monitor show up? If so, select it, and choose 'extend my desktop onto this monitor'.

bugsssy

ok i have 2 screen sworking now what do i do to get them to not both do the same thing at the same time. so i can drag things between the screens etc. if i open up firefox on one it appears on both, i only want it to appear on one and not the other. cheers guys