Duel boot 98SE/2000 No CD-Rom or DVD drives in 98SE.

Jim22

Brother is building me new system. CD-ROM and dvd drives don't show up in device manager 98 SE. No drives are there.Starts with disk drive. Both drives show up and work fine in 2000. Tried unplugging and plugging both drives in with hopes it would be recognized when rebooting to 98 with know luck.

This was his way of transferring all my programs to insure all worked in 2000 before we delete 98. It also aloud me to take my time and still be able to use my pc. Have tried a few other ideas including system configuration, but nothings working. Any suggestions?

Not sure what info you need to give me any advise.

SYSTEM:
Assus A7N8XE
NVidia G-force FX 5200 Plus
AGP 8X/4X

Norton Antivirus and goback
Zone alarm

Foot note: This is the second system he has built for me trying to save me some money. Had problems with motherboard or sound card and just problems in general. My brother has a fair amount of knowledge. It 's just connecting hardware! Where are we going wrong? Is this
typical of building a pc?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Have not used 98 in sooooooooo long, all I can think of is control panel add/remove hardware.

I would suggest though not sweating it and loading a better OS. Sorry if that's not the answer you where looking for.

Also I'm having one of those days where I just get confused easily! are you saying you are going to delete 98 anyway? and they do work fine in Windows 2000? If so then why does it matter? Just asking ;-).

Last edited: