Dust out your desktop or this well happen.

Apoc

This is what happens when you don’t dust out your computer. This desktop belonged to a friend, she told me it was making a loud sound and it was very slow. When I opened the case dust was all over. I have told her many times to dust it out every know and then but she never did. I couldn’t really get mad at her because she is not very tech wise and she's hot. She had to end up buying her a new computer because the dust had fried a few USB ports and her intagraded video was going out. Not only that, the CPU cooler was caked with dust. The dust was between the heat sink and fan blocking the movement of air.

To make a long story short, just buy that $9 or so can of compressed air duster and clean out your computers. You can rag on me all you want for posting this but this kind of thing really bugs me.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
This is what happens when you don’t dust out your computer. This desktop belonged to a friend, she told me it was making a loud sound and it was very slow. When I opened the case dust was all over. I have told her many times to dust it out every know and then but she never did. I couldn’t really get mad at her because she is not very tech wise and she's hot. She had to end up buying her a new computer because the dust had fried a few USB ports and her intagraded video was going out. Not only that, the CPU cooler was caked with dust. The dust was between the heat sink and fan blocking the movement of air.

To make a long story short, just buy that $9 or so can of compressed air duster and clean out your computers. You can rag on me all you want for posting this but this kind of thing really bugs me.

Seriously most of the people have the same reason.And its a completely valid reason.

Even I have seen a computer like that.Most of my friend's computers are like that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I've seen a few like that. And most users don't understand that with the cpu fan, case fan, psu fan that it will attract dust and get all corroded quickly unless you blow it out at least once every 6 months. More often if you live near farm fields during harvest and planting season.

mihir

VIP Member
Yep, I've seen a few like that. And most users don't understand that with the cpu fan, case fan, psu fan that it will attract dust and get all corroded quickly unless you blow it out at least once every 6 months. More often if you live near farm fields during harvest and planting season.

One of my friend has a a computer in goa and he lives on the coastal side.I never saw it but he told me that his computer actually rusted.
And my friend complained to me that his PC was shutting off again and again so when I looked into it the entire heatsink was clogged with dust and also the thermalpaste was completely dried out and was chipping out and also his Heatsink Fan was disconnected.And while shutting off instantly at any random time the next time he turned on his PC it always gave a warning the computer shut off due to overheating.

Apoc

The computer was pretty old but I'm sure it would have lasted a couple more years if she had taken better care of it. It would have saved her a lot of money.

tremmor

I also know many but i think they just don't know. I tell them.
Then putting the tower on the floor is the other reason for blowing out often.
I can get away with all of mine once a year. All on the table.
Else at least 6mo's if on the floor.I do not have any on the floor But all the computer
tables are at least 10 foot long.

Nanobyte

I could beat that one by a mile. Some friends had a PC they kept on the floor of their mud room. There was not a single gap in the heatsink. Solid from top to bottom. I guess they relied on tramping in some wet mud for cooling.

mihir

VIP Member
I could beat that one by a mile. Some friends had a PC they kept on the floor of their mud room. There was not a single gap in the heatsink. Solid from top to bottom. I guess they relied on tramping in some wet mud for cooling.

I would sure like to know how that worked out for them.:D

NVX_185

@ OP, I swear those pictures look EXACTLY like an old computer I once had! Exact motherboard and heatsink design!!... Thing is, I've stowed away those old 4xx sockets so one day I could try overclocking them... lmao.

ZachSand

A friend of mines computer looked exactly like that, and i told him to clean it.

A few weeks later he called me up and explained how his computer had caught on fire...

Moral: Clean your computers!

dellxps420

banned
my friends computer died like this, i dont know how this has happened as its been over 8months since i cleaned mine and its still not even dusty.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Sh!t man that is a LOT of dirtiness on that computer's hardware xD!

To tell you honestly every single computer or laptop of my friends or family or on work I ever saw looks like that inside so no wonder why they all work like crap.

Thing which really pisses me off is when people tell you that you do not know anything about compuer if you cannot make it to NOT work like crap in just 3 clicks.And then you start explaining them that the reason is NOT a virus and instead that it's all the dirtiness inside and the moment you start explaining them that,they just start spinning their eyes and leave by telling you that you are stupid loooooooooooooool!!!
And then they install dozens of antivirus programs thinking that will solve their problem,not to mention that they install only that free crap and not even adjust their options properly or even turn ON the antivirus program xD
And then they are like:"Wtf why my computer works so slow and it lags?!!!Nah I will buy the new one!"

Hahaha!!

Well you can't blame them too xD.They do not know anything about this in the first place xD

Cheers dusters! xD

Dropkickmurphys

I once fixed my mates laptop, and it was full of dust like that... its disgusting! The dust turns sand like.

I don't clean my PC out as often as I should, but I know people that never had and have ended up with PC's like that.

Apoc

@ OP, I swear those pictures look EXACTLY like an old computer I once had! Exact motherboard and heatsink design!!... Thing is, I've stowed away those old 4xx sockets so one day I could try overclocking them... lmao.

It's a old Compaq Presario SR1603WM. Made sometime around 2003 or 2004.
The case is a bad design, i tryed taking out the HD and MoBo but it wont let me. I like taking old cases like that and puting new more powerfull stuff into them. People tend not to steal computers that look old. In a way it's like putting a HEMI engine in some old rust bucket.

Twist86

Instead of wasting $9 on a can of air spend $50 and buy a small compressor and air gun. Cheaper and for those "wanna be green" types its cleaner (minus the coal used for electricity)