DV camera not detected

autonoz

I have a Canon ZR50 that my personal computer will not recognize. Should I have got a disk with it or something to load drivers or am I way off base. I plug it into my USB port but my canon DV solution program says no camera detected. Any help would be appreciated.

Verve

Make sure its got full power, or plug it into the charger. Next, make sure the selector is set to VCR mode... I have the ZR200, and it came with a program on the CD that'll automatically detect it and the loading screen pops up... mine is a lot newer, so yours might not be exactly the same. Try this to begin with.

autonoz

Starwarsman said:
Make sure its got full power, or plug it into the charger. Next, make sure the selector is set to VCR mode... I have the ZR200, and it came with a program on the CD that'll automatically detect it and the loading screen pops up... mine is a lot newer, so yours might not be exactly the same. Try this to begin with.

I've tried your suggestions and nothing. The only thing my camera came with is a video solutions CD which I installed and it doesn't even recognize the camera. :confused:

Verve

Is there a switch that sets it to Memory card mode from Tape mode? If you have it, click it to card mode (is it possible that your card is not compatible with your OS?)... If anything make sure your memory card it inserted correctly :) How about that? Maybe you could re-install the solutions disc, just to see if re-setting it works.

autonoz

Yep, I needed to switch it over to card. It has now installed the hardware, I'll see what happens now. Should I be able to do video with digital video solutions or just still?

Verve

You need firewire for DV video... I personally don't have firewire yet, so I can't really help you there, I've gotta find a card for a good price.

autonoz

OK here is another stupid question from a rock. My specs say I have a 4 pin and a 6 pin firewire. Does this mean my computer is set up to upload DV, or does it need something else?

Verve

autonoz said:
OK here is another stupid question from a rock. My specs say I have a 4 pin and a 6 pin firewire. Does this mean my computer is set up to upload DV, or does it need something else?
No, I think the computer and the cam have have different # of pins, but whatever cable you get should work with it, its standard.