DVD Burner

kisa_l

Hello,
I installed new DVD burner and having problems burning DVDs. I use Nero and it frezes at 72% of competion. Can anyone help, pls. :confused:
Thanks.

Last edited:

ethernet

banned
what brand of burner are you using and what band of disks are you using? could it be due to low quality on one of those ends?

kisa_l

Thanks for reply.
I'm using centurion dvd burner and Sony DVD-R, it burnes CDs fine, but for some reason has problem with DVDs. :confused:
Maybe I do smth wrong? I tried to burn at different speed, different formats - same result. Is there are anything else I should try?

Last edited:

ethernet

banned
i really have no clue, i hate when my stuff does that, but it's always my disk that's messed up, i get free ones so they like doing stuff like that to me

Switch

If you don't mind me asking, what are you burning, and what is your OS, basic computer setup?

I have had the same problem before, it has ranged from the burner being faulty, to the media, or the the computer having a CPU overheat.

Does the PC start right back up and operate normally after this locks up?

diablo

does it do this with every dvd you try to burn or only certain ones. Try updating the dvd drivers.

donks

I've never heard of your DVD burnder brand, I use a Pioneer and have had no problems whatsoever to date. I also use DVD decrytor and DVD shrink.
Perhaps the brand of burner is your problem?