DVD/CD-RW Drive Problem

sunshine78

While I was on the internet earlier I clicked on a video to launch from my MSN home page. While it was loading I could hear noise in the DVD/CD-RW drive. The noise was similar to what I hear when it saving info. When I was done listening to the video I went to the DVD/CD-RW Drive and tried to look at the CD that was in the drive and it was showing as a blank CD. When I put the CD in my old computer I can see all the files but only as READ ONLY. Luckly I have a program that I could retreive the files but I am wondering why and how this happened.

The following are my computer info:
Dell inspiron 531
AMD Sempron(tm) Processo LE-1250
Windows Vista

Any info or clues much appreciated

Cameldude

Most likely a fault with your drive in the computer, i had that when my drive was failing, i had to change it, as in the end it could not even run any disks, i had it looked at in the computer centre, and they said that i just had to by a new one. If you had the desktop for more than a few years, than it might be that. You could try cleaning the registry keys, but i would not recommend it, as this is really not the way to go. If it will continue to work after this, then fine, but i think soon it will fail.

PatPheFox

While I was on the internet earlier I clicked on a video to launch from my MSN home page. While it was loading I could hear noise in the DVD/CD-RW drive. The noise was similar to what I hear when it saving info. When I was done listening to the video I went to the DVD/CD-RW Drive and tried to look at the CD that was in the drive and it was showing as a blank CD. When I put the CD in my old computer I can see all the files but only as READ ONLY. Luckly I have a program that I could retreive the files but I am wondering why and how this happened.

The following are my computer info:
Dell inspiron 531
AMD Sempron(tm) Processo LE-1250
Windows Vista

Any info or clues much appreciated

you can get a good drive on ebay for like 10-20 and like 20-25 for a sata (sometimes new, got mine new for 27, with free ship)