DVD drive doens't show on "my computer"

haha

hello problem is in the title.
this has happened to me for the third time. it just happeend this morning...i just turned my computer on and my dvd drive stopped showing up...and i'm wondering y...could it be that wires are loose? thanks a bunch

r38865

Do the ide cable only conected to one dvd drive? or two?. You need to set the jumper for the dvd ( cable select -cs : master -ms : slave -sl ). make sure only one setting for each.

haha

i only have one dvd drive right now....wen u get from the box they should all b set to master right? so i should b ok for now? but wht i do have..is i have this virtual drive...but i never installed it...does vista automatically come w/ one? like sometimes my drive works and sometimes it doesnt...HELP! plz and tahnks

Edit: ok i should i just took my dvd drive out..and i checked...it was on slave...so i switched to master....my question is..since i only have one drive...it should b on master correct? thanks

Last edited:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
If you have one drive, it could be on CS, Master, Slave, it doesnt matter. Unless your adding another drive soon. Make sure there are no loose cables, and then go to device manager and see if it appears.

haha

If you have one drive, it could be on CS, Master, Slave, it doesnt matter. Unless your adding another drive soon. Make sure there are no loose cables, and then go to device manager and see if it appears.

hello and thanks for answering my question....ok so ya there are no loose cables...but wht i did was i just moved the jumper to master and so far its been working..but i mean...i used it for a while when i first got it..and nothing really happened, only recently

someone suggested mayb its lack of power...does anyone think it could b this reason? thanks so much