DVD Editing

Twist86

So like most I make backups of any DVD/Game/etc in case I break the original disc. I am currently in the middle of compressing all my files to save space. Well I noticed a lot of DVDs have Spanish/French/etc as "extra audio" as well as all the trailers. Is there a easy program (preferred free but I would gladly pay too) that will allow me to load up either the DVD/ISO/VOB files and remove extra audio files and the trailers for my backups?
Way I see it ATM I save 200-300mb per DVD via compression....if I remove audio and trailers I should gain another 100-200mb of space if I am lucky + have no annoying trailers/audio problems on my DVD players. Which if I got lucky and saved a total of 500mb each DVD would translate to 1 extra DVD for every 9-10 DVDs.

Mind you I want to just remove the items....big thing here is I don't want to convert and lose ANY quality in the process if possible.

Thank you very much for any help.

Last edited:

Twist86

Thank you so very much John. First DVD I removed 400mb of audio files alone....I can't wait to get to my DVD9 files as I imagine better results might come of it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Dvd shrink will actually take a movie that is like 6gb or so and shrink it down so that it will fit on a standard dvd.

Twist86

Well small update each movie is providing anywhere from 200mb-600mb in crap I can remove. Then 200-300mb compression using 7zip to boot is working out very well in my favor. Thank you again for the help....looks like 2 weeks of compressing/editing for me :p