DVD+R DVD-R? Difference?

Switch

Read this article

It gives you a basic understanding

If you have a 16X DVD burner, then it is new enough to handle both types of media.

Read this post to see what other people use their different types of media for.

Last edited:

Adam Warren

Thanks

Thanks there is a great deal on futureshop.ca and i had purchaced 200 benque dvd-r's. i bought it for 59$. itr was 170 off. there 8x, there probly good enought fo me to burn rented games and movies. haha. but yeah, anyone looking for a good deal in canada check it out! :D

Kboy

Adam Warren said:
there probly good enought fo me to burn rented games and movies. haha.
Hmm, admitting to illegal activity on a public forum is probly not a good idea. I'm sure plenty of ppl on this forum have done some sort of illegal activity with their computers, but I don't brag about burning rented DVDs. LOL :p

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Kboy, as much as ZEROX, Ian, Praetor, Tab and I try... we cant stop people from talking about illegal things... all we can do is ask them nicely, delete their posts and/or eventualy ban em...

If you have a DVD ± R/RW burner than yes you can burn on either, most likely you have either a DVD+RW or DVD-RW... you need to look in your device manager or manuals to find out which... or your DVD burning software should tell you