DVD-R not working

JohnJSal

Hi all! I just burned my first DVD from an img file (using ImgBurn) and it all seemed to go well. But when I tried playing the DVD in my regular DVD player (on my TV, not my computer) it showed some generic screen and said "Please check your TV"

What could be the problem? I used Ativa DVD-R and you can see my burner below. Could it be something about the file type, perhaps? It works fine when I use Daemon Tools to mount and play it, so I know the file itself is okay.

Thanks.

Quick69GTO

What DVD format/region code does the image create?
It's either a PAL disk or it has the wrong region code.
NTSC/Region 1 are the only disks that will play in US model DVD players.

A DVD player from the following site came in real handy for me:
http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/

JohnJSal

What DVD format/region code does the image create?
It's either a PAL disk or it has the wrong region code.
NTSC/Region 1 are the only disks that will play in US model DVD players.

Is that a property of the img file itself, or can I change some burn settings to fix it?

dznutz

perhaps your player doesn't support - discs (check your player info) or your player is picky about disc brands.

also, ativa sucks. if possible try made in japan media or verbatim.

JohnJSal

perhaps your player doesn't support - discs (check your player info) or your player is picky about disc brands.

also, ativa sucks. if possible try made in japan media or verbatim.

yeah, i went to office max on my lunch break and my choices were that, maxell, or memorex, and the latter two i've had bad experience with for CDs, so i avoided them...i like sony, imation, or verbatim if i have a choice