Dvd -r/+r ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tensai

i have a hp comp with a dvd+rw/cd-rw drive. ive used the hp dvd+r that came with the comp when i bought it but i canceled the writing process, thus making the dvd+r usless (i know im an idiot). i understand from your link that dvd+r's are one time use only, but i also bought dvd+r from tdk and they wont even get recognized by the writer. i dont get whats wrong because the hp dvd+r worked but the tdk dvd+r wouldnt.

[tab]

[...]
Some DVD writers have a problem with some brands of blank DVD... although TDK is a pretty good brand. Check Google for some DVD compatibility lists...

Jimbob1989

banned
You have to buy blank DVD's to suit your writter. for example if you have it selected to -rw, you have to buy dvd-rw, if you have it selected to +rw, you have to buy dvd+rw.

Jimbob

tremmor

Depending on the quality of your burner. Some burner laser head are more sensitive to colors. The color that works is what ya want.
+R will burn faster.
-R are more compatible with older equipment like vcr's. Lot of them won't even read a +R. Ive burned thousands of dvd's in the past scanning slides and old negatives and passing on to the member that requested it. Said they couldn't read it. Had to reburn using different color. then worked.
Surprised if anybody still had a vcr.
Color will be the key mostly. which ever one works.

Status
Not open for further replies.