dvd-rom

jp198780

it says i got a DVD-ROM in My Computer, but then in Everest it dont say nothing about a DVD-ROM? i put a DVD in, but it didnt play, i dont have any DVD software, anybody know?

jp198780

i dont know i cant find that out, neither Device Manager, or Everest will tell, i'll probrably pull it out and see what is.

jp198780

downloaded, it's weird, cause, i put a game CD in here, and it didnt load up? i heard it spinning at fast RPM, but got nothing on the screen.

m0nk3ys1ms

jp198780 said:
downloaded, it's weird, cause, i put a game CD in here, and it didnt load up? i heard it spinning at fast RPM, but got nothing on the screen.

Go to My Computer and see if the computer sees the game.

jp198780

nope, doenst recognize the game.

i had noticed, when i opened my xase, the setting on the drive was on Cable Select, but thats this is the only drive, soo i set it 2 Master, am i right?

and the model is a LG CRD-8482B.

jp198780

just tryed a XP CD, still didnt work, i dont get no CD next 2 the cursor, like your surposed 2, i might just take the CD-ROM apart, and clean teh laser.

m0nk3ys1ms

jp198780 said:
just tryed a XP CD, still didnt work, i dont get no CD next 2 the cursor, like your surposed 2, i might just take the CD-ROM apart, and clean teh laser.

I say you might just need a new drive. The laser may be bad.

jp198780

yeahh, i thought it might be bad, figures, i have another CD-ROM and DVD-ROM, in my Gateway, i dont use it anymore, i might take it out there, cause, it's 2 slow 2 play DVD's. think if i cleaned the lens, it would work?

jp198780

alright, iunno what the hells going on here, i just put another CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM in here, different drives, not all in 1, and in My Computer, it still says "E:/, DVD-ROM?" just as before? and i went into Everst, and it still says the same thing it did before, it's not recognizeing the drives? whats going on?

and i put a DVD in my DVD-ROM, i get the light, but nothing comes up on the screen, is this because it's not being recognized?

m0nk3ys1ms

jp198780 said:
alright, iunno what the hells going on here, i just put another CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM in here, different drives, not all in 1, and in My Computer, it still says "E:/, DVD-ROM?" just as before? and i went into Everst, and it still says the same thing it did before, it's not recognizeing the drives? whats going on?

and i put a DVD in my DVD-ROM, i get the light, but nothing comes up on the screen, is this because it's not being recognized?

Try a different IDE cable.

jp198780

if i tryed the HD IDE, and put the IDE from the CD and DVD-ROMS, the HD wont work, it powers on, just wont boot.