DVD-RW drive plays DVD's choppy

WynOSmokeZ

I've looked at some different sites on this issue, and none really gave me any info on how to fix this issue, and if they did, it didn't work. I've uninstalled the drive from my 'Device Manager' and restarted the computer to let it re-install the drivers. That used to work when I would get this issue, but this time, it didn't solve it. The drive plays CD's, rips CD's, and burns CD's fine. But anything to do with dvd playback, including ripping movies, plays it slow and choppy, even causing my mouse to move around choppy. I'm sure I could reformat my computer and it would work again, but I just reformatted my computer about a week ago. The drive played fine after the reformat, until two days ago when it started messing up. Any help is highly appreciated. The drive is a 'Lite-On DVD-RW LH-20A1H' that came with my 'HP Pavilion a1230n'. Thx in advance.

StrangleHold

Staff member
LiteOn, HUM. Check in your device manager under the contoller its on and make sure its running in UDMA mode (NOT PIO).

WynOSmokeZ

I'm familiar with the device manager, but not sure what you meen when you say to check the 'controller' its under, or how to see what mode its running under. More detail would help me with this. Thanx