DVD RW will not play dvd movies

mat2317

I have a Emperex DVD RW and it will NOT play DVD movies (real ones from shop).
This worked fine in my old comp, but now it play everything BUT DVD movies :(

I had it working once for about 5 minutes, i got nvidias DVD decoder for windows media player and it worked for 5 min. Now i still have the decoder but it will just crash along with other software like PowerDVD.

This problem is really bugging me!

Hope you all can help
Matt

mat2317

The program will just basically freeze and then i have to press ctrl + alt + del to exit the program.

mat2317

Had an idea. is there a way to remove the IDE controllers then reinstall them somehow? might work i dunno :s

jjsevdt

Have you re-installed your software, and is it paid software or the OEm stuff that comes with your burner. What I'm thinking is the audio.ax and video.ax files, which are those that drive your DVD playing software, could be corupt or locked some how.

mat2317

I have reinstalled the software and it came with my dvd drive. How could i unlock that what you said?

mat2317

This DVD drive accepts both +/- I worked fine in my old PC but now it wont play DVD movies which are real from shops. I can burn DVDs and read Data DVDs but i cannot play a DVD Movie.... :(

Hope someone out there can help
Matt

mat2317

I know the last post made on this was on 03-18-2006 but does anyone have anny suggestions? I still cant get it to work grrrrr

Invisible Man

mat2317 said:
I have a Emperex DVD RW and it will NOT play DVD movies (real ones from shop).
This worked fine in my old comp, but now it play everything BUT DVD movies :(

I had it working once for about 5 minutes, i got nvidias DVD decoder for windows media player and it worked for 5 min. Now i still have the decoder but it will just crash along with other software like PowerDVD.

This problem is really bugging me!

Hope you all can help
Matt

O.k try this, uninstall dvd decoder for wmp. When u install powerdvd its have a dvd decoder. "run adware-spyware" goto this link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6522,00.asp it have 15 utility that u may try. some are free and some are trial. System Mechanic is one of the good program that will fix registry error, shortcut error, uninstall program and other stuff. :cool:

mat2317

hmm no luck :/ I just opened DVD Shrink to see if i could preview the film and guess what! it worked but still the problem persists with all other software. I think my mobo is broke

Starman*

I'm assuming you mean UDMA. I don't know what's the norm but my two drives run at UDMA 2. 0 sounds slow. HDD should be UDMA 5 or 6.

Depends on the BIOS. I think I can set my IDE channels to Auto in the BIOS and it selects the max allowable for the HDDs and DVD drives.

Starman*