DVD Shrink

mindbender00

When I finally found my movie on my hard drive and tried to shrink it with DVD Shrink, I still couldn't burn it to a dvd+r disk because it said the files were to big Any suggestions?:confused:

suprasteve

remove some of the additional features like deleted scenes or all the director talking about crap nobody cares about stuff, you can use dvd shrink for this

sho95

Open the video file then before burning rename it. After it gives files to big after encodeing you must cancel it. This file will be saved now open the new video file and see if it will burn after encodeing. If this does not work the only other thing could be that you don't have it set to do a deep analysis.

suprasteve

like I said before, select the extra stuff like previews and director commentaries and on the right change them to "still image", believe me, I've had a lot of experience with dvd shrink and I've had to do this probably a dozen times

flip218

VIP Member
suprasteve said:
like I said before, select the extra stuff like previews and director commentaries and on the right change them to "still image", believe me, I've had a lot of experience with dvd shrink and I've had to do this probably a dozen times

You can remove all the extras all you want, but if you don't uncheck DTS audio you still won't have it small enough. DTS usually is around 500-700MB. You can keep all the extras (if you really wanted) if you uncheck DTS audio.

suprasteve

flip218 said:
You can remove all the extras all you want, but if you don't uncheck DTS audio you still won't have it small enough. DTS usually is around 500-700MB. You can keep all the extras (if you really wanted) if you uncheck DTS audio.
I don't know about your dvd's, but DTS is always unchecked by default for me, and even with this, it isn't always enough, if you want to remove the 2 channel audio and keep the 5.1 that will help too