DVD won't boot

lostsoul62

I set my auto boot just like my other computer then I went into the BIOS an set the CD/DVD for the first boot and I tried the USB and the other one and my disk still won't boot but it will boot in my 4 year old computer?

lostsoul62

I can run programs from the DVD and I put in a windows 8 DVD and it said press any key to boot form the CD or DVD which I did and the DVD's green light came on which it was loading.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
....if it's detecting it on boot then why do you say it won't load on boot?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What cd are you trying to boot to? If you are running windows 8 and wanting to install windows 7 then you need to change a couple bios settings before windows 7 dvd will load/install.

lostsoul62

It's a bootable CD but won't boot. The DVD drive will recognize it but won't boot. I need to boot it to image my drive. I can't load the program because of network problems.

I'm trying to boot to Acronic true image home 2010 which it did 7 months ago.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Either something is wrong with the disk or the drive. Does the disk boot in another computer?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try another bootable disk in that drive and see if it works. If not, then replace the drive. Is the drive sata or IDE?

Agent Smith

It's a bootable CD but won't boot. The DVD drive will recognize it but won't boot. I need to boot it to image my drive. I can't load the program because of network problems.

I'm trying to boot to Acronic true image home 2010 which it did 7 months ago.

This is the same CD you used 7 months ago? If not the CD may not have burned correctly.

I personally use AOMEI Backuper and that can run in Windows or you can create a boot CD.

I don't understand the network trouble thing. You have no Internet thus can't download?

lostsoul62

Another bootable disk works. I have Internet. I have WD Network Drive and can't load the program but can boot from the disk or use to. I'm just going to use another DVD drive and see if that fixes the problem. I know it's not to disk I'm using because it boots just fine in my other computer.

StrangleHold

Staff member
If DVD drive will recognize it but won't boot, does it just move on to the next bootable drive or just stalls or errors out?