Dvd Writer Question?

FASANZ

Hi everyone out there!

I know theres a whole lot of differents brand name of DVD WRITER, but i need to know which ones are the best....i got US$80.00 to spend it in one of them, and i still don't know wich one to choose.

Also i need to know the benefits of the Double Layer (i really don't know what's that means).

Thanks in advace!

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

Hey man. I am not entirely aware of what the best brands are. However, LG burners are said to be OK. Now to double layer...all that means is that the new burners are capable of burning to a new generation of DVDs which have two layers and approximately twice as much storage space. This means that you can burn movies as they are without the need to shrink them onto a one layer DVD. I hope I did not confuse you too much.

JAN :D

FASANZ

No man! you didn't confused me at all...thanks very much!

I have my eyes set on the NEC...are they better than the LG?

Again thanks very much!

Switch

I second that opinion on the NEC burners; I prefer them over LG. I personally have had no problems for my NEC burners, though lots of issues with the LG burners.

diablo

about the double layer. unless you have the money to spend on the double layer discs and can find them readily available then I wouldn't worry to much about this type. It won't hur to get one for when their media becomes cheaper, but right now their spendy. you can fit like 8.5 gigs on a double layer and 4.5 I think on a regular dvd media. I would however get one that is both + and - media compatible and burnible. This way you have more options on the media that you burn.

flip218

VIP Member
For $80 I would go NEC. I would actually spend a lil more and get yourself the Plextor 716A.

Hopefully soon the price of dual layer media will come down.