DVI to HDMI

newguy5

i am finally in an apartment where i can hook up my computer to my tv. if i use an hdmi converter and go dvi to hdmi to the tv, will the hdmi look just as good as my computer screen will look? in other words will my monitor and my tv look similar now? before i used s-video but it's been a while, however it looked like crap for the most part.

tlarkin

VIP Member
DVI is HD already. If you have one of those non standard DVI ports on your TV or one that is like DVI-D you can get a converter.

I use a DVI to hdmi adaptor. It does not do any converting as the DVI is already outputting a HD signal. Your TV will look just as crisp as the lcd monitor would. I use my 46" for everyday use and will never go back to a tiny monitor.

gamerman4

If your screen does not include DVI-D then converting to HDMI should not result any any loss in quality as there is no analog-digital conversion. It will look fine.

MouSe

there are hdmi to dvi cables. about $10

^This^

I have a DVI to HDMI cable to my TV.

It's a shitty TV though and I have to set my resolution really low to make text readable and what not though. I think with a better TV this would be awesome.