E3 2014

Aastii

VIP Member
When is it coming out? Is it going to be announced at E3 this year?

There is no release date yet, just late this year. I would probably expect it around September time, which would be a year after the last gen release

Darren

Staff member
When is it coming out? Is it going to be announced at E3 this year?

I feel like your post is a joke. It was already announced at E3, which already happened. :p

Get it, great game and will be even better on PC. It's fun on Xbox but it's a blurry mess that has some framerate issues.

spirit

Staff member
I feel like your post is a joke. It was already announced at E3, which already happened. :p
Well I don't know. I don't really keep up with things like game announcements...

If it's not ridiculously expensive when it comes out then I will get it - but there's no way I'm going to pay more than maybe £30 on a game. Especially that given less than a year after its release it'll be in the 'bargain box' for 10 quid.

I'll also need to check if my 5870 will play it. It probably will so I'm not too worried about that.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Well I don't know. I don't really keep up with things like game announcements...

If it's not ridiculously expensive when it comes out then I will get it - but there's no way I'm going to pay more than maybe £30 on a game. Especially that given less than a year after its release it'll be in the 'bargain box' for 10 quid.

I'll also need to check if my 5870 will play it. It probably will so I'm not too worried about that.

It will be over £30, I would expect 45 maybe 50 on PC. If its on steam you might get preorder to bring it down to 35-40

spirit

Staff member
It will be over £30, I would expect 45 maybe 50 on PC. If its on steam you might get preorder to bring it down to 35-40

I'll wait and see how much it costs when it comes out but I suspect you are correct. I'm not mad about playing the latest games right away, so I can wait for it to drop in price. ;)

Darren

Staff member
I'll wait for an official steam page before I buy it from anywhere.

I do need to get my Social Club setup so my online players transfer to PC.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTA V is £27.99 to pre-order on cdkeys.com

Use the facebook 5% discount and it's £26.59

Not bad,Not sure if i should sell my PS3 GTA V copy now and put down a pre order...will have to see how much i can get for my PS3 copy.

G80FTW

The new GTA V for the Xbox One looked good

Why get it for console though if you have a PC that can play it? The mods alone for PC will make it far better than any console version. Which is what allowed GTA 4 to live on for me. Never got boring with a new mod coming out for it almost daily to either enhances graphics or gameplay. I dont know if iCEnhancer is going to do GTA 5, following on Facebook he says he doesnt plan it. But I would suspect that it wont need any graphic enhancements at least not for a while since I think this new version is using a different engine as opposed to the same RAGE they used for the first release.

Even so, it might be a good thing they are waiting so long to release it for PC and the new consoles....hopefully they are optimizing it so it doesnt run like garbage on top end machines like GTA 4 does. Hell, I can play watch dogs just fine yet GTA 4 can still drop me in the high 30s. Which is just stupid considering its graphic quality. Not to mention the crashing, even without mods its not a very stable game on PC.

MisterEd

Rockstar said that GTA V on the XBox One, PS4 and PC would be released in the Fall of 2014. That means if it comes out sometime between September 22 and December 20 they would be considered having an on time launch. I suspect it will be earlier than later if they want to take advantage of the Christmas buying season. Rockstar is probably still testing and debugging on at least one of the platforms. When all three versions are done they will probably announce a specific launch date.

The reason why GTA V on the PC will come out so long after the initial release on consoles is:
* Rockstar did not want to take away from the GTA V launch on the Xbox360 and PS3. (In other words they wanted to milk that market as much as possible first). Getting GTA Online up and running also took priority.
* GTA V on the PC had to from the start be better that the Xbox360 and PS3 versions because it was be released alongside the versions for Xbox One and PS4. It would lose all credibly if was just a rehash of the versions on the last generation consoles.
* Rockstar has made it clear that they are launching GTA V on the next generation consoles with the PC version. That makes it necessary to have all three ready for the launch date. For all we know the PC version is already done and they are just waiting for the Xbox One or PS4 versions to be completed.

Geoff

VIP Member
Why get it for console though if you have a PC that can play it? The mods alone for PC will make it far better than any console version. Which is what allowed GTA 4 to live on for me. Never got boring with a new mod coming out for it almost daily to either enhances graphics or gameplay. I dont know if iCEnhancer is going to do GTA 5, following on Facebook he says he doesnt plan it. But I would suspect that it wont need any graphic enhancements at least not for a while since I think this new version is using a different engine as opposed to the same RAGE they used for the first release.

Even so, it might be a good thing they are waiting so long to release it for PC and the new consoles....hopefully they are optimizing it so it doesnt run like garbage on top end machines like GTA 4 does. Hell, I can play watch dogs just fine yet GTA 4 can still drop me in the high 30s. Which is just stupid considering its graphic quality. Not to mention the crashing, even without mods its not a very stable game on PC.
I didn't know it was coming out on PC lol

MisterEd

I didn't know it was coming out on PC lol
Sony announced it at E3 for the PS4 on June 9th. They also showed a trailer for GTA V that was made on a PS4. Take2 and Rockstar followed with press releases the next day for GTA V for the PS4, Xbox One and PC coming out in Fall 2014. Rockstar has a new trailer for these version also.

BTW, I pre-ordered two copies of GTA V for the PC. I don't have to pay for them until I pick them up which will be the day they come out.