Easy question about new graphics card

WynOSmokeZ

I just bought a Radeon HD 3650 VisionTek graphics card. I just installed it into my PCI-Express slot. The fan is less than an inch away from my Sound Blaster audio card, probably less than half an inch away. Its so close, that if it was any closer, it would probably not fit. It doesnt seem to be interfering with anything, the fan isnt getting caught or nothing, but is this bad that they are so close together? Feedback is appreciated, thanx in advance.

Kornowski

VIP Member
The worst than can happen is your card won't get as much air too it, and MAY overheat. But if it isn't causing any problems, don't worry about it!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Your computer will most likely freeze. If it overheats more than that, you'll smell it.

CPTMuller

I monitor and log the temps of my graphics card with the NVIDIA drivers, I suggest that you do the same for a little while. If you can move the card down a slot or two and are worried about the other card(s) getting hot just get a cheap slot cooler (mine was $8) and go to town with games or whatever.

WynOSmokeZ

OK, so when you say freeze, would that be like just restarting out of no where? or just a frozen screen with no mouse movement....or could both happen? Just asking because when I play one game I own, sometimes it will just restart my computer in the middle of the game. I've been trouble shooting this issue, and I've come to the conclusion that I need more ram, but I'm open to hear other possiblities still, seeing as I don't know everything about computers. I say I need more ram because it doesn't do it as much since I freed up some resources by taking various programs off of my system startup. So, could that be due to the card overheating....or do I just need some more ram?