Ebay auto bidder

Geoff

VIP Member
i saw a software progam at staples called auto bidder or something, it says ebay doesnt want you to know about it, but dont know if u can get suspended for that.

M*A*S*H

Doom_Machine said:
oh i also forgt to mention what else i know goes on there alot. Bumping...its where say someone bids on my item...i call my buddy to bid higher in hopes they overbid on him, almost like gambling but its no real loss if no one overbids

then we can give each other good feedback. i'd hate to know how much of this really goes on.

i admit though i did that for my friend, i bumped his bids twice and he ended up getting almost $100 more than he probably would have.

but you have to pay ebay a fee. so if u were selling somthing expensive, sure ur friend doesnt lose. but u sure do.

Geoff

VIP Member
M*A*S*H said:
but you have to pay ebay a fee. so if u were selling somthing expensive, sure ur friend doesnt lose. but u sure do.

you would loose anywhere from $5-$50 if your friend wins the item. Depending on the final price and what options you choose.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
you would loose anywhere from $5-$50 if your friend wins the item. Depending on the final price and what options you choose.
set the reserve to a crazy price, then ciontact the highest bidder by email after, asking if he wants it

then it doesnt cost anything :)

Xycron

banned
elmarcorulz said:
set the reserve to a crazy price, then ciontact the highest bidder by email after, asking if he wants it

then it doesnt cost anything :)

Alot less people will bid if there is a reserve, and thats IF the highest bidder still wants it after he relises what you prabally did.

Doom_Machine

M*A*S*H said:

obviously you do it for friends who do the same for you...duh
and in my case neither one of us are selling van gough's here..i'm talkn small things within the couple hundred dollar range
neither one of us are losing money cuz the profits still outway that for us both when were selling. others do the same thing
either way it still goes on alot

Last edited:

kof2000

proxy bidding is pretty much the same as the program you use to bid. since even if you bid the last second someone maybe already put up a highest bid already.