Ebay E6300 for $158 shipped brand new...just sharing...

tweaker

VIP Member
Who in their right mind would buy that ebay chip when you can get one from newegg for only a few dollars more?

Not me..

PohTayToez

By a few, you mean $30... which is incentive enough, all though this one doesn't come with heatsink/fan.

Grey410

Who in their right mind would buy that ebay chip when you can get one from newegg for only a few dollars more?

Not me..

The E6300 is $187 on newegg.com with free 3 day ups shipping. Saving $29 could allow you to get a C2D in some budgets. But yes I get your thought process on the matter.

By a few, you mean $30... which is incentive enough, all though this one doesn't come with heatsink/fan.

Saving the $29 would allow you to buy an aftermarket cooler which I HOPE anyone would do to begin with.

PohTayToez

I heard that the stock heatsink and fan with the C2D are pretty deece, allowing them to be over clocked to 3.0 or more.

Geoff

VIP Member
I heard that the stock heatsink and fan with the C2D are pretty deece, allowing them to be over clocked to 3.0 or more.

The stock one is pretty good, but the big reason is because the Core 2 Duo's dont put out much heat.

pumaking

so what happens if your cpu takes a dump? is he gonna be their to reimburse you? Will Intel accept him as a real dealer and warranty you even though you purchased it at auction? Will intel recognize this seller as a authorized dealer? Doesnt seem like the savings of $30 is worth it now does it.

Grey410

so what happens if your cpu takes a dump? is he gonna be their to reimburse you? Will Intel accept him as a real dealer and warranty you even though you purchased it at auction? Will intel recognize this seller as a authorized dealer? Doesnt seem like the savings of $30 is worth it now does it.

Well I bought a PSU from Omega for $40+ cheaper than newegg.com granted I don't get all the things above but yes that's the risk you take for saving $. :D

LaGlaceMince

As far as bargain parts from and unknown party go.... im not so cool with em. If something goes wrong, they you just gotta hope that the person/company you bought it from has good customer service, and if they dont, you are just outta luck. reputable retailer always. thats how i like to shop.

pumaking

well atleast its computer parts which are reasonably cheap, I recently had a incident where I spent $700 on a turbocharger for my car, unfortunatly it took a dump on me and the manufacturer wont warranty it because it was purchased through a company on ebay that wasnt a registered dealer so I'm stuck dishing $800 from a registered dealer for the same product but this time it'll be under warranty.

Archangel

VIP Member
I bought my current CPU of a ebay-like site. granted.. i went on a 180kilometer trip across the country to pick it up (I dont trust the mail with these kind of things.) but the CPU was in a sealed box etc, and i've never had trouble with it. :)

(as for the traveling part.. I can go for free with the bus and the train because I'm a student, ^^ )