ebay

The Astroman

How many positive feedbacks do you think an ebay seller should have to be considered trust worthy? In percent, I mean.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Never used ebay, but I have read too many articles where people start selling stuff, they supply the stuff in the beginning, get lots of good ratings, then they pile up a whole lot of orders, take peoples money and then just dissappear.
Personally I wouldnt buy from ebay unless it was an item I could not buy from a regular shop.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Agree to Disagree.

Hey I think EBAY is actually a good place to shop. They have a complaint system and deal with it. However, to be trustworthy, I would look at someone with approximately 98% (with 2 people dissatisfied out of a 100). That would be acceptable to me. I bought from a seller with 100% and was truly 100% sattisfied. Depends who you get I suppose. The GREAT majority do not misuse the service. Remember that!

JAN :D

Rambo

Hey I think EBAY is actually a good place to shop. They have a complaint system and deal with it. However, to be trustworthy, I would look at someone with approximately 98% (with 2 people dissatisfied out of a 100). That would be acceptable to me. I bought from a seller with 100% and was truly 100% sattisfied. Depends who you get I suppose. The GREAT majority do not misuse the service. Remember that!

Secondededed! :D

I once bought my WHOLE computer (all the components, not a computer bundle thingy) off eBay, and it worked like a dream!

The poeple you meet on there can be so kind! I bought a monitor off eBay and it didn't work. So, he said he'd send me another one. And he did. unfortunately that didn't work too... I thought maybe he was scamming me, but I then told him the situation and he sent me ANOTHER one! :eek: That DID work :p But you see, posting things like that costs around £15, so he must of lost money ??

But yeah, you do need to buy off people with atleast 97%+, just incase the least likely happens....

:)

OS Dragon

Ebay is great place to shop for anything that catches your fancy but I wouldn't buy from a seller with less that 95%. Its best to be sure so check the number of negative feedback as well. ;)

zilla

ian said:
Never used ebay, but I have read too many articles where people start selling stuff, they supply the stuff in the beginning, get lots of good ratings, then they pile up a whole lot of orders, take peoples money and then just dissappear.
Personally I wouldnt buy from ebay unless it was an item I could not buy from a regular shop.

Seriously though, how often do you really think that happens?

ethernet

banned
not very, but i think you'll end up saving money in the long run, but if i'm buying something expensive and there's not to much of a price difference i'd but it at a store

Styleprojekt

I have 148 positives and 1 neg. The guy calimed that i never paid and cussed my out on many e-mails. I filed against him, ebay never did anything. Nobody from ebay helped out, so when you have trouble on ebay you are ****ed. I didnt hear from the guy, until i finally got my money order copy to prove that i payed. He gave me back half my moeny, but ebay still never did anything despite multiple e-mails, calls, and files. He had 18,000 pos, and 798 negs....lol
Anyway, what i am trying to say, dont trust anybody with less than 100% postive feedback. Eventho i have 99.2% cause of this asshole, i still stick to this 100% rule. Specially for electronic parts never buy noname, they bullshit a lot on ebay.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Hey now.. lets try and keep the language civil ;)

But I think all of us can agree that there are many people out there who want to make a quick buck at YOUR expense. And ebay is just helping keep Pandora's box open for the greedy and dishonest.

Styleprojekt

zilla said:
Seriously though, how often do you really think that happens?

That doesnt happen often, but the price on ebay is VERY attractive. For example, when i purchased my ATI Radeon X800 XT PE, i couldnt find ANYWHERE for less than $590. And i used, Shopzilla, smartfind, Google, yahoo and tips from friends. On ebay, i got a brand new 100% working and perfect ATI Radeon X800 XT PE, for a ridiculous $475 and free shipping.

I also started a small business wich now has died due to too many people doing it. I used to buy skateboards and other parts for them for about 60% less than stores here in the USA sell them for (all brand new stuff) and thats already a huge deal i got, and then i exported the stuff to Europe where due to the strong Euro i made on my original buying price, about 90%-150% PURE (thats without any fees and shipping costs whatsoever) profit.
And everybody overseas was happy because they got the stuff cheaper too!
That makes me forgive a lot that happens on ebay lol.

One more thing before i go, on ebay, you wont find better "group deals" then anywhere around the world. People closing stores, and i for example got 6 of my Tennisraquets i use, brand new, for 70% less than if i would have bought them anywhere else on the internet. Just because the guy was too lazy to sell them seperate he just put a great buy it now price for 6 raquets. I got the Game, Doom 3 for $12 brand new, from a internet store that sells on ebay because he made a "mistake" with the price listing. But a bid is a legal contract so this time, HE was the one who was scooped (to keep the language clean as requested) SO i would recommend ebay for ANYBODY as long as you watch out what and from who you buy.....

cheers guys

Last edited: