Edit a Scanned Document

switchwork

Please help me I just cannot seem to do it at ALL!!! and it is doing my head in!!

The thing I am trying to do is this: I am scanning in a blue card certificate all I want to do is change the name on the certificate so I may print one out for each of my employees. I have an Epson CX3200 which is the 3 in 1 printer, copier and scanner.

When I do it by OCR I can't seem to change the text I don't know if I am trying to edit it with the wrong application. Any advice would be most grateful.

Please please please help me with this as it is really stumping me. I have searched and searched and searched on the internet to no avail which is why I have joined this forum to receive some advice as to what the H*ll I am doing wrong. Every thing I found online was explained so easily but when ever I tried to do it noting happened. If I tried to edit it in word or notepad I could n't do it tried publisher but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for this and hope to hear from lots of you soon to tell me how much of an idiot I am.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Scan the certificate without a name, import it in a Word document (if you haven't a better program), make a text-box where the name should be and that's all.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Any luck with Adobe Acrobat? But yeah, Lorand's nailed it right on ... scan it in and manually add it :)