ehhh... little problem here...

foxofdesert

New Member
ok... so I bought i7-875k (unlocked one, $199.99! great deal!).

but, the seller said, this one doesn't have heat sink with it, and I need to buy a heatsink.

does anyone have suggestion which heatsink to buy? do I have to buy the glue thingy also?
 
I'm copying this from myself in another thread:

You can find links very easily on this stuff:

Thermalright Venomous X
Thermalright TRUE
Prolimatech Megahalems
Prolimatech Armageddon
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Cooler Master V8
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Most Noctua Coolers

The bolded ones are budget-friendly.
 
Id highly recommend a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme,It supports the latest sockets,comes with thermal paste too.

My cpu cores idle at 21-25c and at max not seen it go over 50,such a great cooler.
 
if you're not overclocking just go to your local computer store, they'll probably have heat/fan for the 1156 socket - buy that

if you're lookin to get funky go with anything with copper pipes running thru the heat sync

None are very expensive really, some noctua's will get up there but they're awesome

The paste you're looking for is silver nitrate, and yes you'll need it if the chip has been installed in a computer before.

Clean off any existing residue and apply a conservative amount to the center and spread it evenly to near the edges of the chip.
 
Back
Top