Email advice

maher3011

Hey,

I have an ongoing complaint with my local council - last November I was emailing 3 members of staff all working for the same council. However, one member of staff advised that my emails were going into his junk folder but no one else had this issue.

This is a local authority and normal staff have no way of changing settings on the junk folder and would be on the same network as the 2 other members of staff i was emailing. My question is would this be possible or his he lying to cover his arse? Or any check i could do to see if the email went into his junk folder it was sent from a yahoo account to a .gov.uk email address or any checks i could ask there IT to run to prove this

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a network admin that can check this? There is no way to tell if your email went to his junk mail folder or not.

Agent Smith

It sounds like their email client they use for emails. It looks at the email address and determines if it might be junk or not. I use Thunderbird and I get emails in my junk folder all the time. That's why it's important to always check your junk/spam folders.

In the email client they use, they might be able to simply right click the email or select the email and mark it as not junk. From that point on all future emails from you should arrive in the inbox instead of the junk folder.