Email

lostsoul62

I have had nothing but trouble from COX getting my email right. If I change to another computer I have to call and wait half an hour and then I'll get someone if I'm lucky. So my question is would it be better to get and use gmail? I would have to email about 30 people of my use email but I think it would be worth it. As I'

strollin

That's true, you would need to notify those people of your new email address BUT, in the future when you change to a different ISP, you won't need to do that since your gmail address won't change.

I've had my hotmail address for more than 20 years so it's been that long that I haven't had to notify anyone of a change to my email address!

lostsoul62

Is there anyway to copy my Contacts to a folder so I can take then to another computer which is where I'll put them in my gmail account?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use an email client or the cox webpage to get email? There should be a way to export contacts to a file and then you can import them into gmail that way.

lostsoul62

I'm using COX email but I'm going though the Internet so it's like gmail and now I can email on 3 computers. All I need to do is learn how to use it. I'm trying to get my contacts from windows live mail and put them on mycox.com? I should be able to get my emails from any computer but I won't need to.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Contact cox to see if they have a way to import the contacts file from live mail. Most usually have a way to import contacts.