Encrypted files

Krdo_1202

Hey I’m trying to access a encrypted file inside a regular (non protected) zip file. I can’t pull the file from it’s location without the password box popping up...anyone know how to seperate these two?

_Pete_

I take it you do not know the password. Why do you think you can access an encrypted file without it asking for the password.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can't. Opening the file or actually trying to move it requires the password.

_Pete_

You can't. Opening the file or actually trying to move it requires the password.

I know that I was asking the OP why he/she thought they could access an encrypted file without the password and more importantly why anyone would actually tell them how to do that without a lot more, and I mean a lot more, explanation from the OP. Having said that I suppose someone will come up with suggestions on how to do it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I know that I was asking the OP why he/she thought they could access an encrypted file without the password and more importantly why anyone would actually tell them how to do that without a lot more, and I mean a lot more, explanation from the OP. Having said that I suppose someone will come up with suggestions on how to do it.
My reply was to him, not you.