english uk 98 se to xp to full english

supersly_jones

i want to buy a notebook off of ebay that has windows 98se english uk version on it...i have a windows 98 upgrade to xp disc...when i install that will it change it to straight english?

speedyink

VIP Member
If the languages are different XP upgrade wont be able to upgrade 98, but it will install to a different partition instead. I tried it with a Japanese 98 to English xp, and it told me it cant do it and to choose a different partition.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
want to buy a notebook off of ebay that has windows 98se english uk version on it...i have a windows 98 upgrade to xp disc...when i install that will it change it to straight english?

I would think so but not entirely sure.

If the languages are different XP upgrade wont be able to upgrade 98, but it will install to a different partition instead. I tried it with a Japanese 98 to English xp, and it told me it cant do it and to choose a different partition.

That is strange, it sounds as though when you did that it did not upgrade windows but rather installed a full instal onto another partition. So rather then do that you could have reformatted the main partition and just installed a fresh copy.

speedyink

VIP Member
I dont think it would let me..Oh well, I deleted the windows 98 folder and it still works fine, except now Windows is on D: instead of C: