Enough money to start with?

jmedina

New Member
I am thinking of building a new computer. I have never done it before, but always have wanted to. I have to get rid of cable tv to get it, but that is not a big deal. I figured I would have about $100. Plus I am going to be getting about $50 from a job I will be doing. Do I have enough money to start with? I am probably going to go a little bit cheap, I don't need everything high end. However, I am going to try to get a clear case. If I got through with it, I probably won't start buying and building in December.
 
Last edited:
wrong wrong WRONG! you can get a half way decent dual core for 60 bucks. even a hunder bucks.

Ok even so, say it is 60 bucks, that leaves him with $90 to buy a graphics card, mobo, psu, case, RAM, etc. That just is not realistic. And surely for 60 bucks it will far from half way decent.
 
Maybe I should delay it to my birthday. Which is in February:mad:. I would have more money though so that would give me a better build. The later the better. I currently have a Gateway 700 MHZ,512 MB RAM,20 GB Hard Drive. It has a mind of its own though. It used to be able to see 2 hard drives at once. Now it only sees one.
 
He is right about the fact that you can get a cheap processor, well, really you can get a cheap anything. Its just how good it will run. And I'm going to go ahead and say that a computer for 150$ will only make you mad because it won't be able to do much. I know it would make me mad. If you do choose to still get one I would say to but it, not make it. If you look hard enough you can buy a low grade computer for less then you can build it. Possibly go with a used one.
 
I think I may just slap a wireless card on my Gateway and maybe even plan to build it next summer. I would like a bigger Hard Drive in my Gateway though. That machine has been through a lot. Once I set the voltage to the highest one and it would not start. But, to my surprise it still works.
 
i think the cheapest build ive ever seen on here was like 300 dollars, but i think that had vista on it, which is 1/3 of the price, i think a p43 or something like that a q2220(pentium dual core) 2 gigs of ram thats like $60 dollars, a radeon 3450(this is just to tide you by, if you dont plan on gaming) those are about 35 dollars, and look at xoxide.com or performance-pcs.com for some different cases
 
Definitely look at a system that has at least dual-core processor and 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. Save your money as you won't want to buy a computer that will be outdated and not be able to run the software you need. Save at least $400.

Windows Vista needs some decent computer hardware to run it at a speed that won't make you want to bang your head on your keyboard.
 
Back
Top