epson refillabile ink cartridges

dznutz

anybody refill their own ink cartridges? long story short printer ran out of ink, won't let me print until i replace it, went online for cheap solutions, ebay had replaceable cartridges from china for 16 bucks cheaper than what i can get from someone from new york..... but it arrived without instructions. tried contacting the dude but he's shady. anybody used these before? the chip works it just not using the ink for some reason. i'll take pix if needed. this is pissing me off...

i did what that page said but no luck. i'm thinking it's actually reversed.

Last edited:

jamesd1981

I only ever use genuine new epson cartridges, every printer i have ever seen with the cheapo replacements has either not worked at all or the print has been a mess, faded, inconsistent.

The genuine inks maybe expensive but there is a reason for it.

Last edited:

tremmor

One note: Looking at the site and reading it said new and without ink.
Reinking can be risky business. Did for a few years but quit. I just buy high capacity cartridges and done.

If you try it your self remember you better not overfill. You will destroy a printer and have ink everywhere. I used a large sheet of cardboard, latex gloves cause it can get messy. Many stores sell ink supplies to do your self. Good luck.
If you do try it and you over fill then throw the cartridge right in the trash.
Its done and over with that one.

Also a few stores will refill. Think Walgreen an Walmart. its a maybe.

Last edited:

dznutz

i eventually got it to work. prints like the real thing
he mixed up the directions. so i was basically filling the air vent.
then later the printer won't recognize the cartridge. probably because i was taking it out when epson thought it was full. the chip was designed to fool the printer. i had to create a short on the chip

4 hours later after opening the package it worked. boy did i feel good saving 16 bux....