error appears in bios...

tenox

banned
Hi !

I have build a new pc, and are now ready to set up bios and windows wich i have never done before, and therefore i met some problems on the road

When i have installed the cd-rom and hdd , i pressed save and exit, and inserted the windows professional cd. Then i get this message :

"Disk Boot failure, insert system disk and press enter."

I would be extremly greatfull if anyone could help me !!

Thanx

Steffen

apj101

VIP Member
1. Are you sure that the cd you have is good, is it a backed up copy or is it original
2. What do you mean when you say
When i have installed the cd-rom and hdd ,

3. Have you changed the order of boot devices in bios to ensure that it is booting from cd first

4. Is there a floopy disk in the drive?

tenox

banned
apj101 said:
1. Are you sure that the cd you have is good, is it a backed up copy or is it original
2. What do you mean when you say

3. Have you changed the order of boot devices in bios to ensure that it is booting from cd first

4. Is there a floopy disk in the drive?

Thanx for your attention :)

1. I have used this cd many times, and have never had any problems with it, but its not an original cd.

2. I mean searched through all the devices.

3. I dont know exactly what you mean here ,sorry
I have only used a guide to this, maybe its bad.

4. I do not have a floppy disk station

Do i need another cd except from the windows xp cd ??

riddick

Sounds to me like you need to change the boot order and make sure that the CD boots before the HD.

apj101

VIP Member
I mean searched through all the devices.

maybe its just me but i'm confused at what you mean again, how did you search through the devices if you haven't installed an os

3. I dont know exactly what you mean here ,sorry
I have only used a guide to this, maybe its bad.
i dont think this will solveyour problem but its worth a go. Look through bios for the boot order of your devices. use the + and - keys to change the order.

Also put down you system spec, including your mobo model

tenox

banned
riddick said:
Sounds to me like you need to change the boot order and make sure that the CD boots before the HD.

I have not change the order of boot devices, but do i have to boot from cd first? Do I use the windows xp cd doing this?

apj101

VIP Member
you change the order of your boot sequence in bios. reboot with you xp cd in, and the pc should boot from you xp cd

Sophocles

VIP Member
riddick has it right, the CD has to come up first in the boot order. But sometimes even changing the boot order will still find your system looking for your hard disk. In this situation you might have to disable your hard disk in bios (Windows will still be installed to your hard disk) and then once you've formated your hard disk and the windows installation is well under way you can enable your hard disk again and you shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck

tenox

banned
Arrrrghh....

Tried to change boot order, and tried to disable hard disk , but the same error message shows up.

Sounds to me like the computer cant find a cd in the cd rom???

PLEASE HELP ME !!!! :eek:

apj101

VIP Member
Tried to change boot order, and tried to disable hard disk , but the same error message shows up.
what do you mean tried, did you change the order or not.

Also try creating a bootdisk and booting from the floppy disk , and then try reading from your cd drive from dos?
http://www.bootdisk.com/

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Also try creating a bootdisk and booting from the floppy disk

APJ!!! I'm shocked, not like you to not read all the threads, hes already said he doesnt have a"floppy station" which i presume means a floppy drive.

apj101

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
APJ!!! I'm shocked, not like you to not read all the threads, hes already said he doesnt have a"floppy station" which i presume means a floppy drive.
Must admit, i did miss that, however that doesnt mean he cant get hold one for the test. It would allow us to determine if it is his cd drive that is at fault. Or just the cd or neither, as i suspect.

The advice is still sound :D

atomic

tenox said:

Sounds to me like the computer cant find a cd in the cd rom???

PLEASE HELP ME !!!! :eek:

Hope you saved the changes you made :).