error for installing any new operation system

Gazel

Hello,
I have been using of a trial of windows 7, which became timed out almost one month ago. As a result my system restarts every single hour.
I would like to install my old XP but, an error appears at the first minutes that the system try to read the disk.
I tryed with another version of xp, and linux also, I booted the C drive,there is no new hard drive installed, my hard drive should be terminated, since the system has never been open, and I ran CHKDSK/F also, but none of them worked.

What should I do to fix the problem and install the xp?

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:
***STOP 0x00000073B(OXF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely you have ahci/raid configured in bios and you need the SATA controller driver at the F6 prompt at the beginning of the XP install. What model of computer is this? Laptop or desktop?

Gazel

a dell inspiron 1545 laptop .
Is there any possibility to have the replies by e-mail? i realize them so late.

Gazel

Most likely you have ahci/raid configured in bios and you need the SATA controller driver at the F6 prompt at the beginning of the XP install. What model of computer is this? Laptop or desktop?
a dell inspiron 1545 laptop .
Is there any possibility to have the replies by e-mail? i realize them so late.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
yeah. When you reply to a post look down toward the bottom where it says thread subscription, change it to instant email notification. You must do this for every reply you make or you'll never get an email notification. You can also go into your options and change it there so that you'll never have to do it when replying.

click on user cp, click on edit options, go to messaging and notifications, then look for default thread subscription, change it to instant email notifications, then click on save changes at the very bottom.

You would need to slipstream the sata controller driver into a new install cd or look in the bios to see if there is an option to change the sata controller to ide mode.

Hi,
I had the same problem in win2k(my disk - Maxtor / 40Gb / 4D040H2). I tried a lot of things. Finaly helps this:
1. Download Powermax from maxtor.com
2. Run it - perform low level format
3. In bios setup select LBA mode for disk
4. Install win2k

It takes time but it works. Forget about data you had on your computer, if you will work this way.

Thanks

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Change AHCI to COMPATIBILITY in your BIOS if you have that option in the first place and then format your HDD with the Kill Disk 4.1 which you can boot from the USB stick or the CD.After that you will be able to install any operating system you want.

Also do not forget to set your CD/DVD-ROM drive as the first boot device before trying to install the OS,but even if you don't do that,it will boot from the Windows CD/DVD disk since your HDD will be completely empty:p

Cheers!

Gazel

Ok, thanks. For getting to the BIOS, is there a link while i restart the system with a bootable usb? I dont know how to check it if i should find it in another way :D
how can i check if i made my bootable usb (by win98) correctly!? when i tried to boot with that, i couldn't even get to my D drive, and BAD COMMAND ERROR was appearing for whatever I typed.:eek: