Ethernet Connection Not Showing Up in Networking Center

weirdbraxto

Hello there, a little while ago I got a virus that caused multiple things. One of those things was it seemed to make my hardwire connection not work. After reinstall Windows and getting everything all cleaned up again, that is the only function that hasn't return. (Besides my current wireless adapter plugged in) the Active Networks in the Network and Sharing Center is completely empty, and has no connection to the internet without the wireless adapter. I have tried look up countless fixes, but I have not found one with this circumstance, let alone one that worked. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. Thank you

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in device manager to see if you have a entry under network adapters for the ethernet connection. If not, you probably need a driver installed for it.

weirdbraxto

Look in device manager to see if you have a entry under network adapters for the ethernet connection. If not, you probably need a driver installed for it.
Hey, thank you for the suggestion. I look in the device manager and saw this.
cbc321ec5ab3a4dc46ca6c4ccd1df4ce.png
cbc321ec5ab3a4dc46ca6c4ccd1df4ce

So, pretty promosing lead. But, once I find the driver and try to install it, I get this message.
edbdcb77fea273ae460075ede725166e.png
edbdcb77fea273ae460075ede725166e

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably because its not an intel controller. Do this. Right click on ethernet controller and click on properties, then click on the details tab, Change property to hardware id and give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They look like this.

sound driver.jpg