[Ethernet] Unplugged Cable Error (hardcore Mode)

EngCop

Hello, i apologize for my english, I'm French.:rolleyes:

A few days ago, I switched off my PC (not a laptop), unplugged it, moved it to another room, plugged it again and switched on.

Before that action, it worked perfectly, but now it is unable to access the internet.

The error message is classic "Ethernet cable unplugged"... even if the cable is plugged.

I have been on many forums, have tried many fixes but my problem isn't solved.

So :

- The cable works well (tested on another PC)
- The ethernet plug on the wall works well too (tested too)
- The ethernet plug of my PC works well (when I have linked my PC and another computer in a direct way they have exchanged packets, in input and in output)
- The network card is well recognized by the peripheral explorer
- The driver is up to date
- I have bought a new network cable with another plug, have mounted it on my PC, same issue:mad:
- My /ipconfig isn't very interessant (Media disconnected)
- When I ping to local (127.0.0.1) it works perfectly
- When I ping to another IPaddress the result is "General Failure"
- I restored the System to a backup, when it worked good
- Tried many times to disable/enable my network card, i've reinstalled it too

System : Windows 7
Network card : Realtek GBE Family Controller
Protocol : IPv4
Cable Ethernet RJ45

If you need more informations I'll give you with pleasure.

Thanks to help me, I concede I'm a little bit desesperated, live without internet on my PC is complicated ! :p

PabloTeK

Do you manage the other end of the Ethernet? This could be something like port security, which is security feature on some switches and routers. (And a massive pain in the neck)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Take your computer back to where you had it and if it works then I can't explain whats wrong. But if it doesn't work where you had it originally then you have a bad network port.

EngCop

Hello,

It's possible, how can I check it ? (my router recognize my PC is connected because it displays a light which shows there is a connection. Nevertheless, the blinking lights beside the Ethernet plug of my PC keep switched of...)

Ok, I will try it I'll post a reply soon

Thanks !

beers

Staff member
Are you using another port in the wall? Do you control where it terminates into on the other side?

Sometimes certain network drops become damaged or have issues and need reterminated or reran.

Darren

Staff member
If it works fine in its original location the port in the wall is probably bad.