Ethernet?

ninjabubbles3

So my modem and my router is currently sitting in the living room, near my TV, since we have cable. The WIFi signal to my room is pretty bad, so I was wondering if there was any way to add Ethernet, apart from running it all the way from the living room. There are two sockets in the wall, that look like Ethernet ports, but my dad said that they are phone ports. There is also a cable jack, buts its blocked.

Should I get a USB WiFi card?, I heard that there is a lot of interference in the back of a computer, as well as the fact its under my desk, in a corner.

spirit

Staff member
You plug the Powerline adapter into a mains socket and then plug an ethernet cable into the Powerline adapter and voila, you have ethernet. :)

I think that's how you'd use it.

ninjabubbles3

So I looked it up, and you plug one adapter into your router, and other one into your computer through Ethernet.

You have to make sure that the outlets are on the same circuit though...

How do I go about doing that?

Okedokey

Yes, however do that with an adult please.

Secondly, its safe to assume that all power outlets are on the same circuit these days.

Darren

Staff member
I have a Netgear N150 that I nabbed at Walmart for 30 bucks or so. Works fine and has a USB cable so you can move it around for better reception.